Thursday, November 08, 2007

Guided sketch books for kids

Maybe it's because of the baby on the way... but, I've had the idea to make a sketch book for kids that is more or less "guided". You could also call it an activity book, but it doesn't tell you how to do it, it just gets you started. Like drawing "games" you could play with two people where one person is telling the other what to draw, but not how to draw it. Anyway, I'm too late, because Taro Gomi has already done it. She has a few different books like this. And they all look like they'd be pretty fun to do (if I was a kid this is).

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like the games that we used to play! (kind of like the game where you would draw the top on one side of the folded paper and I would draw the bottom of the person on the opposite side and then open to reveal the total character.)

I think that you should still do a book for kids!

Anonymous said...

I still think you should do one. "If I was a kid..." We all are, really.